The cold winter months can be harsh and dry out your skin. We have 5 helpful tips to keep your skin staying hydrated and soft in the frigid cold air. Our helpful tips are easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
1. Drink More Water- One of the most important things to keep your skin healthy is by drinking plenty of water. Water helps to remove impurities and thus energizes your body. When your body does not get enough water it becomes dehydrated. Substitute your caffeinated and sugary beverages for water to feel over all more energized.
2. Eat Healthy- Have you ever heard the saying “you are what you eat?" Incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your diet can improve your skin, energy and overall health. One super food to incorporate into your diet is spinach. Spinach is loaded with tons of vitamins to help strengthen your skin. For example try having a spinach salad for lunch or even try blending it into your smoothie. Also incorporate berries into your diet, they naturally have properties to help protect you skin and are loaded with antioxidants.
3. Warm Water Not Hot-Yes, taking hot baths in the winter feels great but is not so great for your skin. Hot water washes away the natural oil barrier on your skin which helps to keep your skin soft and hydrated. Try taking warm baths to protect your natural oil barrier and thus maintaining smooth skin. We also recommend our Frosting Bath Fizzies to keep your skin moisturized.
4. Limit your Exposure to the Cold-Dress appropriately for the weather. Make sure to wear gloves and a coat to protect your skin from the frigid air.
5. Moisturize-To keep your skin hydrated, we recommend applying our Body Butter Frostings to overall improve the look and feel of your skin. Moisturize your face twice a day, in the morning apply our Dee Dee Day Cream and at night apply our Dee Dee Night Cream to restore skin tone elasticity and heal sun-damaged skin.